Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Some of the dust settles

(in the order previously referenced)

I have an appointment for Thursday afternoon with the new doc. We'll see how that goes.

Julie is going to Guatemala! I'm so glad! After all, it is a college trip, and that was a few years ago for me. It turns out, it will be two adult men and three college gals. I hope they have a wonderful time and are a big help and encouragement to Brandon & Jenny. Thanks to everyone who supported her and/or let her use the money she had raised for Russia in order to go on this trip. (Yes, we are still going to Russia -- in May 2008.)

I've been doing a bit better on work/time management. Just taking it one moment at a time!

In order to facilitate Mark with the reading for our course, this weekend I recorded the readings for Lesson 1 on my computer. After I get closer to filling a disk, I will write it for Mark to listen to in the car. Not only does he commute about an hour one way every day, but he also often goes out to schools for computer installations that could also be an hour or more from the office. (Thankfully, he gets paid for mileage!) I really enjoy reading aloud, for some strange reason. I have read a couple of other books in the car to Mark, but right now we don't have much joint car time -- thus the CD idea. And I get my reading done in the process!

One of my blogging friends wrote about unbelief being the root of our struggles as believers. It really got me thinking. Resting in God, in the midst of whatever life brings, is probably one of the purest forms of worship I can offer. What difference does it make if I sing & shout & fall down before Him if I don't really trust Him. All of my unsettledness is just not trusting God. He is in control and knows much better than we do what is best for us. Thankfully, I have had a few favorite verses popping into mind (one from my blogging friend) as I am feeling anxious:
"Cease striving and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10
"Do not be anxious about anything..." Philippians 4:6
"...the battle is not yours but God's." 2 Chronicles 20:15
Please read the full verse in context. I just pulled out key phrases for me.

What do you have to do to make the dust settle? Stop moving! Have a restful day!

2 comments:

jlester01 said...

I'm glad J. is getting to go to Guatemala, but sad you will miss! Can't believe college was all *that* long ago for you ;-)

Kathy said...

I hope your doc appointment goes well tomorrow. I'll be praying for you. Also, thanks for the nudge to find the comic book. I looked and found it on ebay. From 1967! I've bid on it and hope to get a copy for my own collection. Woohoo!