Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Infusion


I got a fix today! I spent a little time IMing with the missionary about a mission trip planned for next summer. As I imagined how the trip might play out, I was enthused and encouraged -- and reminded again why I want to pursue this as a lifestyle.

I think I would enjoy other countries beside Haiti. But it's so much fun to introduce folks to the joy and wonder of communing with brothers and sisters in Christ in another culture.

Maybe God wants me to stay here and go with teams. Maybe He'll lead us to a full-time position. Although it is hard to wait, it is encouraging to get excited just by the thought of being there!

3 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

I have never been on a mission trip. Seems I've always got mom duties and can't leave. A mission trip is top of my list when my mom duties aren't quite so demanding.

cookiehawk77 said...

How does next summer look? We're bringing the women to the retreat center in Zanglais, so it will be the "luxury tour". I'd love to have you be a part of the teaching team!

cookiehawk77 said...

Oh, and that pic -- that's where the retreat will be held. Nice, huh?