Thursday, June 21, 2007

Unsettled

I'm feeling kind of unsettled lately.

First, one of my friends asked for a followup about the doctor visits of late. The thyroid scan was negative, my blood tests were normal, so no change in medication was needed there. My doc didn't volunteer to check anything else, and I'm still really tired all the time! Sometimes I think he thinks it's in my head! (As if there's anything in there!) A friend referred me to a different, less traditional doctor, both in testing and treatment. I think I'll give her a try -- when I know what I'm doing next month. (See below.)

Second, as I mentioned before, Julie & I want to go on the Guatemala trip. I have sent e-mails out asking for support, but I haven't gotten any response back (only 24 hours ago). I'm wondering if I'm not trying to force something to happen that shouldn't. But, now it is in God's hands. If the money comes in, we will go. If not, either one of us will go or neither will, and the money we have raised so far will go back to the Russia team. But I hate the waiting.

Third, I'm trying to get better on my schedule (work/sleep/life), which is hard when all you want to do is sleep. I want to put in my hours, both to be a good worker and to get paid more. And the new car payments start next month! (No pressure!)

Fourth, we're trying to squeeze in a course about missions into our busy schedule. It's an online course called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement. I requires a lot of reading and listening to some lectures. We have a year to finish it. As we do this, we're also looking into missions agencies where we might be a good fit. We haven't made any contact yet, but a few look promising. It would be nice to figure out what we're going to do when we grow up!

I have to remind myself that God knows the end from the beginning. Even though I sometimes feel that life is spinning out of control, it is always in God's hands. At times like this, I have to remind myself frequently of Psalm 46:10, which in the New American Standard Bible says:
"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

1 comment:

jlester01 said...

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations - both physical and related to your plans for mission work - but thanks for sharing the reminder on perspective...