Monday, June 18, 2007

More Linguistic Hamburger, New Doc & Mission Trip Changes

Chief complaint: Tripping and falling with scalp laceration.
(Is that like "running with scissors?")
The patient denies any back pain when lying.
(So when he's telling the truth, he has back pain?)

I found a doc I'm going to try out. I actually discovered her online and through a friend's blog link. We'll see how it goes. I haven't made an appointment because of vehicle issues. My daughter's is in for some minor (I hope) repair.

We found out Saturday that our trip to Russia has been postponed until May 2008. I will wait to see how things shape up before I commit to continue. My daughter, on the other hand, wouldn't miss it! She'll continue on, so expect to hear more from her. Since I'm in charge of the Haiti trips, I have to make sure all those bases are covered first.

My daughter and I are going to attempt to jump onto the trip to Guatemala at the last minute. This means we'll have to raise $2000 in two weeks! They leave July 2. We are going to visit some missionaries who are former members of our church moved to Guatemala last October. They will be taking North American teams to visit their sister churches. Right now, they are getting settled and working on learning the languages - Spanish and Mam (the Mayan language).

The team going from our church in two weeks is a small group of college students going to build bunk beds for the guest house the teams will be staying in. Hey, we know our way around drills & screwdrivers! Please pray for us as we prepare to join this team.

2 comments:

Joye said...

Hey, what was the result of your thyroid scan? I forgot to ask you. I'm going through the same rigamarole. Three nodules. Why does aging = lumps and bumps in all the wrong places?

cookiehawk77 said...

The CT scan of the thyroid was normal. Also, all the tests the doc did came back in the normal range. I guess he thinks it's in my head! I'm still sleepy a lot of the time. (Just took an hour-long nap. Would have been longer, but the phone woke me up!).

I'm thinking of trying Kathy Kelly's doc, Linda Yeatts, who does tests & treatment most "normal" docs wouldn't consider. She's a partner of Dr. Terry Moore, who goes (went?) to our church. Their practice is up here in Denton next to the store formerly known as Mervyn's (now Burlington Coat Factory).

What's going on with your thyroid?