Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Guatemala or Bust!


I got my girl out the door for Guatemala -- barely. She had her alarm set for 2:30 a.m. and I had two set. However, she must have slept through hers. One of mine I failed to turn on. On the other one, I had the time set for p.m. when it should have been a.m., but the alarm was set correctly. So, obviously, it didn't go off 12 hours early! She was supposed to be at the airport at 4:30 for a 6:30 flight.

I woke up around 5:00 and in a panic woke her up. My hubby and I threw ourselves together and got her and her stuff in the car. We left the house at 5:25 and managed to get to the airport in 30 minutes -- with a quick "pit stop" so we wouldn't run out of gas. She got checked in with the help of the team leader, went through security without a hitch around 6:00, and pretty much went straight onto the plane!


The team made it to the first destination, Houston, without problem. By now she should be arriving in Guatemala City, where the missionaries will meet them and take them further west to Xela, where they live.


That's Brandon, Jenny & Deacon, the missionaries, in the picture below, and their house above!

I'm excited for the team! It should be a great time for them! They are building bunk beds and helping the missionaries prepare their new guest house to receive visiting teams. Yeah, a "handyman project" and they have two adult males (over 30) and three college girls!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Carol...c'mon.

Not one...

Not two...

but THREE alarms failed?

Your family needs to get it's alarm clock act together!

:)

Julie said...

I think I turned my alarm off in my sleep, actually. It's only Mom's that didn't go off. :D

cookiehawk77 said...

It takes a special kind of talent, Brent!