Thursday, July 19, 2007

Soaring!

I received an e-mail from this coming Sunday's worship leader with a newer song they wanted us to familiarize ourselves with before rehearsal tomorrow evening. It's called Revelation Song, words and music by Jennie Riddle. I've listened to it over and over, not only to learn the part, but also because it is so worshipful! It makes my spirit soar! I found this You Tube video. I'm working on getting it posted, but here's the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FObjd5wrgZ8

I know our rendition will be different that this one, but knowing the extremely talented musicians I will get to sing with, I know it will be wonderful -- and worshipful! And we're also doing the version of "The Lord's Prayer" that we did last month with the same team. I'm looking forward to Sunday morning! (If you're a nighttime CBC attender, you might want to pop in this Sunday morning!)

I did find out it originated in a local charismatic megachurch. But many of the words (as the title suggests) come straight from the book of The Revelation:

Rev 4:6-8
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures... Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
Rev 5:11-13

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang:
"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!"

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!"

With all those creatures and angels around Him praising Him 24/7 (does that term apply to eternity?), God doesn't NEED us to praise Him. But He ALLOWS us to participate in praising Him because He knows how wonderful it is for us to experience! After all, that's what we were made for!

Can you imagine eternity spent thinking up new songs and ways and languages to praise our Almighty God, surrounded by incredible musicians? I can't wait to be a part of it!

I'm soaring just thinking about it!

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

Sounds faboo! I can't wait to hear it.