Saturday, September 29, 2007

Achoo! etc.

Nothing profound today.

Between allergies and a cold, I've been keeping the tissue companies in business! I've heard ragweed is really bad this year. I'd been blaming it all on my allergies, but I now that my hubby seems to have a cold that he says he caught from me, it must have been part cold, too!

At The Education Center, we are still without a campus director. However, having the CEO (Superintendent) here with us has helped me better settle into my job! We've also had a volunteer come in and help us get the files in shape, so that's looking better as well. We had missing files, missing info in files, etc. Frankly, I hope they hire her!

I'm really enjoying to get to know the teachers and students. It's kind of fun to have the kids greeting me as I run about the campus with my errands. As the school nurse, I still need a bit of wisdom on recognizing the real illnesses from the fake ones. I know, it's hard to believe -- kids will actually fake illness to get out of class! Unfortunately, head lice have made their appearance already. I certainly hope we don't bring that home!

After doing some research on the heeler breed, I definitely think Emma has a lot of red heeler in her. Actually, the breed name is Australian cattle dog. We're still working on the housebreaking. Aren't puppies fun! (At someone else's house!) She's awfully cute, though. And I think she'll make a great pet for the family. She's very well behaved when napping! ;-)

I'm still doing a little transcribing. However, the company I subcontract to has complained about my lack of hours, so that may come to an end -- or I'll be moved to another contract. At this point, quitting my be the best for all concerned. I'm keeping on just to keep my foot in the door, but it sure adds a load to my day!

Not much progress on the missions front. Still taking the course, although I haven't turned in any work in a few weeks. My hubby hasn't had the time to work on it. He is still working almost every night until 8 or 9 and most Saturdays. He had today off (yay!), but he's spent it relaxing due to the cold. We do have a couple of projects we need to get to, though. But sometimes the best thing for you is just relaxing!

4 comments:

Heidi Day said...

Get well soon you guys! I really like keeping up with you and the things you experience. I didn't know you were the school nurse, I thought you were an admin. staff. You definitely are capable of wearing lots of hats. I miss seeing you at church. We were out last week. Well, hello from the Day's. Big hugs, Heidi

cookiehawk77 said...

Yes, I wear a lot of hats! Secretary and nurse are my main roles at the school, but I do whatever needs doing!

jlester01 said...

there's a lot of alergy sniffing and eye rubbing going on here too, but in the midst of all, Amanda got pretty bad chest cold... just in time for all-region choir try outs! happens every year. *sigh* feel better soon!

Pony and Petey said...

Hey Girl! Our Dingo is a blue heeler!! We love him so much... great personality, very talented.

He's the reason for all the frisbee sessions in the backyard every day = )

They love to work and work hard. Keep that in mind when training your sweetie!