Saturday, September 8, 2007

Busy!

Nothing profound to add at the moment. I've just been busy! Probably too busy. Like a hummingbird, not even stopping work to eat!

Right now I'm trying to maintain both jobs -- working at the school and doing a little transcription in the evenings. I wrote to my transcription supervisor asking how she would like to handle the change in hours I am able to put in. I have not heard anything back, so I'll keep typing. I'd like to keep the door open (so to speak) in case the school does not work out.

Working for the school is fun and challenging, but it is also frustrating at times. The Superintendent of the five schools is rather old-fashioned and likes to keep things close to the vest and under his control. I have a computer that I don't really use because most of my work is pencil and paper. Being a database enthusiast, I find this a bit frustrating. I want to make a database to track what we need, design reports to print out when needed, and link my computer with the Campus Director's so that we both have the info available. Right now, my computer programs are also being very flaky. I don't know if we'll ever get computerized, so I just keep on plugging away on paper! Please pray for me to guard my tongue and not voice all the frustrations I'm feeling.

I signed us up with an outfit called The Finishers Project -- an organization to connect potential missionary candidates and missions organizations, especially tailored for the "second career" missionaries. We've received some e-mails back from organizations, but we haven't really begun any dialogs yet. However, it's nice to be pursued!

We've made some progress on "the decision". Please keep us in your prayers. It's good to know God knows the ultimate outcome and what will be best for us -- even if we may not like it!

I was just listening to a worship song that emphasized what I need to remember --

"Strength will rise when we wait upon the Lord..."

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

hummmm interesting...i'll continue to pray