Monday, September 10, 2007

Meet Emma!

This is our puppy, Emma, the newest member of the family! We pick her up from the clinic tomorrow. She's one of a litter of nine that were found in a taped-up cardboard box in a dumpster. They were brought to the clinic, nursed back to health, and put up for adoption when old and strong enough. Because of some of the markings, they think they have Australian shepherd or Australian cattle dog in their parentage. She's energetic and enthusiastic, has green eyes, and my daughter is in love with her!

It's been a while since we've had a dog. I figured we'd go longer than this without one, but I guess we're just a dog family. We were tempted to get two, but that would have been a lot of trouble and expense. So we settled on Emma, my daughter's favorite.

2 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Ah puppies!

They are cute - most of the time. But, wow. Have fun! They are worth it (so Jenny tells me) so when our lap is all grown up and the perfect family dog then It will be alright.

I had a blue heeler as a kid. Holy smokes that dog was FAST! I hope you live near some cattle. She'll her 'em.

Schweers' Mom said...

Gotta love little puppies!

Happy puppying!