Tuesday, October 2, 2007

From Achoo! to Cough, Cough!

I had to stay home sick today. I made it through Monday at work -- just barely. I started running fever late in the afternoon. The nurse practitioner I saw thought it probably started with allergies and turned into secondary infections. After 24 hours of antibiotics, I'm feeling MUCH better. I still have a nasty cough, but my nose has cleared up quite a bit.

A volunteer at the school graciously filled in for me today. They really need to hire her -- she's terrific! And I found out she lives in my neighborhood. She even offered to take my son to and from school, but I made big brother do the carting!

I've started communication with the company for which I subcontract to do medical transcription. Tomorrow I should hear back from them to have a discussion about whether they want me to continue working part-time. I've felt like that's been in limbo since I started the new job. It will be nice to have some closure, one way or the other.

I also made an appointment for my younger son to get the dental work done he needs. I haven't told him yet as I didn't want a distraction during his homework time. He still hasn't finished it as of 8:15 p.m. I reminded him of the consequences. I'm just not up to being homework Gestapo tonight. ;-)

Hubby goes in for his colonoscopy in the morning. He's been on a liquid diet today. I'm going to take off in the morning to go with him and then head back to work at midday.

It's nice to get a few loose ends tied up. And it was nice to have some down time today. I did a lot of napping, probably thanks in part to the hydrocodone in the cough syrup! I actually did miss seeing the students and teachers, though. I think it's wonderful how God continues to bless us with new brothers and sisters in Christ and new friends to share Him with!

5 comments:

Joye said...

Sorry you're having the cough, cough. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! It's good when you work with kids to know when to stay home. I appreciate those who get this and don't bring it to work with them-:)

Feel better!

Joye said...

Also, tell your hubby thanks for the coffee. It tasted as good as it smelled. :)

Schweers' Mom said...

Sorry you are sick! Allergies are the pits this year.

Hope you feel better soon!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

my first year around kids - (taught 1st grade) I had to have my tonsils removed! was sick so often... word to the wise - the second year is better - and WASH YOUR HANDS and WASH your phone :)
all the time...