Monday, May 14, 2007

Ebay fever

Last night my daughter discovered the adrenaline rush called Ebay. She had looked at phones on-line and in the store, finding the one she wanted. Only it wasn't available in the store! So mom turned her on to Ebay. She's trying to get a red Motorola SLVR L7. I'd never heard of it before. The RAZR, yes, but not the SLVR. We've been watching items and bidding, deciding on BuyItNow versus bidding, etc. Last night, as bidding on one phone ended, she felt the tension build as the last few seconds brought in a new winning bidder. Definitely feeling the rush!

We Americans tend to be poor at bargaining, not having many opportunities to do so here. But I think auctions are a good way to learn discipline -- setting your max and not letting the excitement of the moment take you beyond your preset limits. Hmmm, reminds me of life.

I battle with that issue every day, mainly with time management concerning my work, but also in eating, time with God, you name it! Let's face it! I can't do it! But I need to remember God can, and to rely on his strength to see me through each moment.

I pray your day is filled with God's strength as you strive to keep to your limits in the midst of life's excitement!

1 comment:

Joye said...

Most days aren't even exciting and it's still hard to keep to my limits! The flesh always wants what it wants. Like Paul said, "Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"