Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm excited!

(No, I'm not having mood swings. Well, maybe I am, but this post is not at all related to the last one.)

We have a new pastor! Or, rather, we will. The candidate who was unanimously presented by the search committee and unanimously approved by our elders has decided to take our officer of position of teaching pastor!

We are so blessed to have a wonderful staff of gifted pastors who have kept the ministry flowing smoothly. I'll miss hearing from them as frequently, but I'm glad they will be getting a well-deserved break.

We are also blessed with excellent elders who have put in many extra hours to keep CBC on track.

It's been a rough road, but I know God is using this time to shape and grow our church. To Him be the Glory!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

YAY! Did they announce it at church tonight? I've only heard the news from you! How exciting! When will he come?

jlester01 said...

wow, i too heard it hear first! deets, please!!

dorz11 said...

Yeah, I'm excited!

Heidi Day said...

We should have pie to celebrate!

cookiehawk77 said...

Sorry, I don't have details. Sam is going to contact Steve this week to make further arrangements. Steve and Darlene are looking forward to coming. Hopefully, they'll send out an e-mail or at least make another announcement with more info.

Brent said...

All in all...

...personally...

...I didn't think the road was all that rough.

I thought our CBC family made it as smooth as it could've gone.

Pony and Petey said...

Congrats on your new pastor! Kinda like the process of giving birth, in a way = )

Thanks for letting us know...CBC still feels like family to us all the way down here in Houston!