Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We're off! Again!


Tomorrow we attempt departure to Haiti once again. Boy, am I ready! I hate waiting. I was hoping I'd get something done in the intervening two weeks. But no! Inertia took over, and a motionless object remained motionless.

Come tomorrow, remaining motionless won't be an option! I can't wait to see my Haitian brothers & sisters! We have a wonderful team, and I know we'll have a blast!

I don't know if we'll ever know why we waited, but we know God knows best. His timing is perfect. It will be a different trip than if we'd gone two weeks ago, but it is the trip we're meant to take.

Please pray for our Haitian brothers and sisters as they prepare for our coming (again). Pray that their hearts and minds would be open to the message God is bringing through us. Pray we can have an impact that will carry on in their village to bring many to know Christ and escape voodoo. Pray for the team -- that we will be flexible tools in God's hands and, to quote a certain pastor, that we'll be "shiny, happy people solving problems."

I can't wait to see what God will do in and through us. I know we'll be the ones most blessed. And I can't wait to share with you after we get back home. But I guess I'll have to.

1 comment:

2Corinth1:4mom said...

Also praying that your team's hearts and minds are open to what God wants you to know! I know in my own experiences, I always feel like I get more than I give when I do short trips! Praying for safety, too!
Kristin