Sunday, December 9, 2007

Realizations

I've come to realize a few things over the last few weeks.

I realized I don't spend near enough time communing with the Father.

I realized that I need worship. The times I have missed it due to illness, trips or serving at church have been felt deeply.

I realized I need my friends. For support and encouragement. To share my joys, sorrows and concerns. To share their joys, sorrows and concerns.

I realized I like my job. There's never a dull moment and I don't get bored! I love working with the kids and the parents and the teachers.

I realized I like my new campus director. She is the superintendent's wife, but she has her own educational experience as a principal and assistant principal, and also has special ed training. She'll be great for our school, and I think we'll be good friends! (For those concerned about nepotism, she reports to the board, not her husband.)

My hubby and I realized we could not make it on the maximum salary the school could offer. Not to mention wondering what would happen in summer. It would be an hourly position (as mine is), so it would be "No work, no pay."

I realized that following your convictions is better than trying to please others based on their convictions.

One other bit of news: We've begun a dialog with Agape Flights, a mission organization that provides mail and delivery service for missionaries in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. They also provide transportation for missionaries and bring in short-term teams for mission trips. They are in need of a field director for Port au Prince. The position requires organizing volunteers to sort mail, interfacing with customs officials, hosting teams, and record keeping, among a multitude of other duties. We're not sure how well we fit what they are looking for, but after having them "coincidentally" cross my path several times in different ways, we've decided to talk with them further. Please pray for wisdom as we investigate one another.

Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every
circumstance. The Lord be with you all!
-- 2 Thessalonians 3:16

1 comment:

Brent said...

Interfacing with customs officials in Port Au Prince?

I think the best thing about that would be that you can make up the rules as you go and change them whenever you want to whatever you want!