Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bummer


I've had to sit out of participating in worship teams for over two months now. If you know me well, worship is a passion for me.


God has his way of keeping me humble. He has shown me that sometimes things are right for a season, and sometimes not. His ways are not our ways, and His timing is not our timing.


At long last, I commit to sing this Sunday. I got my rehearsal notification e-mail today. And I came home from the school running a fever. And as my friend calls it, having a face ache. Probably a sinus infection.


Pastor Steve said that Joseph, the father of Jesus, just did the next right thing. It's never fun when the next right thing is stepping away from something that is your passion. But when the time's right, I'll be up there again, singing my heart out. For now, I'll just sing in my heart!


I hope you and yours are escaping the many ailments that are going around this fall and winter.


Blessings!

2 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Carol - I'm so sorry! You have such a rough time with the sinus stuff. Man, that is a huge bummer. I miss seeing your smiling face up front. You always inspire me to worship. My son says he loves seeing you up there too as you are always smiling and really look like you enjoy it. Praying for you!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Hey Girl!!!!
I was just unpacking a box I had in my downstairs storage. It is filled with music. I was remembering our times when we sang together. How many years ago was that? Don't tell. :-)
Anyway,remember that He hears your songs! And passion for Him is what it is all about. You know that.
By the way. My first year teaching school I was sick so much - I finally ended up having to have my tonsils removed - sorry to say it but the first few years are the toughest and then - well you hardly ever get sick!!!! Ha HA