Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yoga, anyone?

I attended my first yoga class this morning. (We go to church at night, in case you're wondering!) I'm not sure if yoga is for me. In the first place, my body doesn't bend in the ways they want you to bend. And even if I had the flexibility, there's too much body in the way! I also struggle with the philosophy behind yoga.

The class we attended was what they call a "Fire" class. They had the room at 98.6 degrees and 60% humidity to help warm and open your joints and muscles. I did not leave the room during the 90-minute class, but I did have to take some unscheduled breaks to rest.

I bought their trial "10 days for $10". I'm not sure if I'm going to give it another try or not. I guess it wouldn't hurt. Let's see how I feel tomorrow!

2 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

I would HIGHLY encourage you to keep at it! I agree that the philosophy behind yoga is a little (or a lot) iffy, but man it is SO good for the body! Especially if you can find an instructor that doesn't ask you to connect w/ everybody in the room with a collective "ohm" or junk like that and you can just get the exercise.

It is so challenging at first, but most things that are worth it are! When I am practicing yoga (been neglecting it b/c I have to use videos here and that is a little more boring) my body is more flexible, I sit up straighter, I feel more energized, stronger, more endurance, and I actually feel refreshed after a workout instead of the total fatigue and weakness that I feel after an hour of Tae-bo.

All that to say...you go yoga mama! I really think that if you keep it up, you will enjoy it!

Although, in 90 degrees, I would be sweating so much I would slip right off the mat!

God bless!
Jenny

Kathy said...

I would love to hear where you are taking FIRE classes. Is it in Denton?