Saturday, October 11, 2008

We are missionary candidates!

I'm checking in from Florida. Agape Flights has asked us to join their team, and we have accepted! The first stage will be getting rid of our debt, repairing & selling our house, and getting rid of a bunch of junk! They want us to come to Florida for 3-6 months to learn how their operation works. After that, they are planning to send us to the Dominican Republic to work under their missionary in Santo Domingo to learn that end of the work. Then we will go to Port-au-Prince, Haiti, to learn the work from the volunteer (a local missionary) who has been in charge of what will be our job. As we learn how to do the work and learn the language, we will begin to take over the work ourselves. It will take a while to get there, but we are really excited! The hard part will be getting rid of debt and stuff to get ready to go. Thank you for your prayers! I'll check in again when we get home!

7 comments:

Brent said...

I love it when the plan comes together!

Or at least when it starts to come together...

Prachar family said...

LOVE your background and you have GOT to share with me how you did your header!! I won't sleep until mine looks half that good!
Travis

Julie said...

That is an AWFUL picture of me. We need to take a better one.

Schweers' Mom said...

I love the new blog digs!

AND...I'm so excited about the big news! Wow - how cool! I'm privileged to have been praying with you guys about this for a long time. Thanks for letting me participate in what God is doing in your lives. Can't wait to hear more.

Heidi Day said...

Yes, share how you made the header! I was like, whoa, when I opened your blog page.

I'm so happy things are coming together. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

And that's the first time I've really seen Mark smile. :-)

cookiehawk77 said...

I followed directions from the website CutestBlogOnTheBlock.com under Blog Secrets.

Carolyn0107 said...

Congratulations on becoming candidates! You're blog is great. Please share tips on blogging on our team thread. Thanks.
Carolyn0107