Monday, November 5, 2007

Life goes on

The excitement for this week was our Fall Carnival at school, which was Friday night. It was lots of fun! We had a bounce house and an inflatable obstacle course, which I helped man. Also, there were some game booths, karaoke, and hair and face painting. Our high school teacher obtained sumo wrestler suits -- so padded the person inside couldn't move! That was hilarious to watch! We had lots of candy and drinks left over, but it was a good night!

My school kid did not get to participate in any of the possible October 31 events due to not doing his homework for two nights in a row! He's got to get motivated to do his work. We can't coax him through every step on a daily basis. He's also needs to learn to use his class time wisely.

School kid and I had to stay home Sunday and Monday due to tummy problems. We'll see what tomorrow holds. He has the obvious symptoms. I just have stomach pain. Bummer!

We recooked the jelly last weekend and it gelled to a soft set. I like it better that way. It's much easier to spread! Now we need to cook the rest of the juice!

On a more serious note, I've been convicted about how infrequently I spend time in the Word and in prayer. Believe it or not, reading blogs is a great encouragement. But it's no substitute for personal time with God. I think it's time to pick up that Bible...

No comments: