Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Because I'm home

The boy & I decided to stay home one more day. He's getting over his symptoms. Mine are diminishing but have not gone away yet. Hopefully, we'll be back in the swing of things by tomorrow.

He is feeling good enough to do homework. Getting him to do it, though, takes more energy than I have today. But I'll keep trying. I hate for him to get too far behind.

I started reading through Colossians 1 today. There are so many good examples: The Colossians, known for their faith and love and hope; Epaphrus, whom Paul calls a "dear fellow servant" and "faithful minister" and who brought the Colossians to the knowledge of Christ; Paul, who did not stop praying for the Colossians to grow in their knowledge and understanding.

And what a marvelous prayer!
10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
I praise God that he gives me knowledge and understanding, counting me worthy to share in His work and giving me the strength to do it. To Him be the Glory!

1 comment:

Melissa Dovel said...

School is just not the same with out you! Praying that your family feels better soon. I know that at times that I feel I do not have the strength to do the things I need to- God's word lights my path and the Holy Spirit makes a way. What an awesome word to remind us that he knows our struggles and cares. You are a blessing and your presence is missed when you are absent.

Blessings from
The Dovel House