Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Countdown!

The countdown is continuing on beginning my new teaching career. I'm excited and scared. I'm worried I'll do something stupid or blow things on the first day. Actually, I don't know why I'm worried. I'm SURE I'll do something stupid! I usually do! ;-)

I'm excited about getting involved in the lives of teens. I'm looking forward to getting to know the new teachers and renewing friendships with the returning ones. I'm having trouble letting go of the secretary job. I want to help my replacement get established so badly! But that's not my job now, so I'll try to keep my hands off.

Well, I guess Monday will show whether I launch to new heights or blow up on the launching pad! No matter what happens, I hope I'll be a light for Jesus in the lives of the students and their families.

2 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

you go girl!!!

Brandon and Jenny said...

you are going to be great! It may be an overwhelming, crummy, feeling inadequate day, but those days are great for depending on the Lord! The problem (at least for me) is when I get really comfortable with my abilities and forget how inadequate I actually am. I am pumped for you. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Jenny