Saturday, September 26, 2009

A friend told me today that I update my blog every two months, whether it needs it or not! OK, friend! Here's an update, much sooner than predicted!

As of Wednesday, we're a one-kid household. My older son is in Canada visiting his girlfriend. My daughter is married and in Germany with her husband. It feels strange to only be the three of us! But it's kind of nice, too. Less to worry about, fewer people making messes, etc. Don't get me wrong. I miss the big kids. But I'm ready for this next stage. And the older son will be back for a couple of weeks before he leaves for Basic Training.

My younger son was in a parade today. Lewisville had their Western Days festival. My son's karate group marched in Old Town Lewisville. It was a small group and short parade, but it was fun! My husband and I drove the instructors van, equipped with an amp and speakers which were playing country music loudly for the crowd! It was good to help out!

Tonight we went to a thank you dinner for serving on the Brew Crew, our church's coffee service team. We serve coffee for the church services on Sunday. The coordinator hosted us to a nice dinner of fajitas and all the fixings in his lovely backyard. We had a wonderful time getting to know each other better!

It was nice to have a relaxing weekend with fun events. Not that we don't have a few fix-it projects looming in the future! But that'll be another weekend!