Friday, April 24, 2009

Hot and Bothered

Julie's car has an overheating problem! I just helped her limp it home. We would drive for about 5 minutes and then stop to let it cool for 20 to 30 minutes. After 3 stops, we finally completed what should have been a 20 minute drive. It took us about 2 hours. But now it's home, where it can be fixed at some point. Until then, we'll have to play musical cars and see who winds up walking!

We also have a broken AC at home. Open windows and fans help some. Just about the time we can't stand it anymore, it turns cooler for a day or two. I think it's time to call the AC guy, though. We have a slow leak that requires a refill of refrigerant every year or two. Mind you, if I can't handle this, I have no business in Haiti. I'm just not acclimated.

It's after midnight, and I'm waiting on the washer and dryer to finish so I can pack for a retreat this weekend. I also have to prep for a Haiti Team meeting, which will be Sunday afternoon. Maybe I'll take my laptop and work on it at the retreat. I hope I get some rest this weekend!

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Hey! Let us know how the retreat goes! So fun!

I get so hot when I'm outside in the sun when it's 75 degrees here! Brandon said we can never visit Texas in the summer b/c I would melt!