Friday, March 6, 2009

Vicious Cycle

This picture seemed so fitting! How appropriate that the "bike" is yellow! Sometimes my bus is so sluggish (no turbocharger) that I wish I had a bumper sticker that says, "I'm pedaling as fast as I can!"

Life seems like a vicious cycle lately. Drive the bus, teach, drive the bus, finish any test grading or paperwork, go home, eat something, fall in bed, start over the next day! Also, I've had the challenge of fighting off viruses and allergies! But God keeps sustaining me! Praise to Him!

I try to carve out time to do a few mundane tasks like laundry or dishes when I can. It seems something always eats up the spare time! This weekend, I'm hoping to squeeze in time for cutting the guys' hair and maybe making soap. We'll see!

I don't know if I mentioned that we had to drop Perspectives, the missions course we were taking. We thought that our paying for the online course would qualify us for a free class, but they are different organizations within the ministry. God knew best. Mark had started overtime at work & I'm busy enough without a class to attend.

I will be adding Haiti Team meetings to my schedule soon! We're trying to put together our first meeting. Right now, we have more interested parties than we have spots on the team. It's exciting to see so many people wanting to go! Mark may have to forfeit his spot so others can have an opportunity to go. The Mission Board and RMI decided it would be best for Will not to go this time. After some reflection, we agreed. Besides, we wouldn't want to keep an adult from going in order to take him. It will be better to take him to Port au Prince to visit the area we might be living in.

I've had some turnover in my class. Students leaving and new ones coming. It certainly keeps me on my toes! It is surprising how many parents will move their students all throughout the school year!

I guess I'd better see about some food and then fall in bed!

No comments: